In order to participate in the Student Exchange Program and study in Quebec, you must:

  • be enrolled in one of the SEP’s partner institutions;
  • have completed at least one year of full-time studies in your program;
  • find a study program that matches your current study program;
  • check your eligibility by contacting the person in charge of the SEP at your institution;
  • maintain full-time enrollment in this program during your stay abroad;
  • have an excellent academic record;
  • be fluent in the language of instruction spoken at your host institution (you may be required to take a language proficiency test, check with the university you’re interested in).


Please note that your home institution may have specific conditions in addition to the ones listed above depending, notably, on the type of degree you’re working toward. Carefully refer to your university’s website and mobility services to avoid missing any information.