Université du Québec en Outaouais
Applicable for the academic year 2019-2020
Closing date to send an application (postal stamp serving as evidence)
- The student file must be received by mail or email no later than March 15th, 2019 for Fall (September) and Winter (January) terms.
IMPORTANT – Please note that the Université du Québec en Outaouais will not accept any students for the second and third rounds.
Number of copies requested of the application file
- One copy.
Guidelines for Partner Institutions
The Bureau des étudiants et des échanges internationaux (BÉÉI) will not process applications that are incomplete, mailed or received by email after March 15, 2019.
After the closing date, you must receive written authorization from the BÉÉI before any application is sent by your institution.
For the academic year 2019-2020, the BÉÉI will admit students submiting complete files that complies with the admission requirement.
The BÉÉI requests that each institution submits applications for no more than 2 students, unless the candidates study in different faculties.
Our partners must inform their students that they have to abide by the academic calendar of the Université du Québec en Outaouais.
Decisions reached by the BÉÉI are enforceable and without appeal.
An overview of the institution
Located at the heart of a region with remarkably strong demographic and economic growth, UQO is growing apace with the surrounding area. Bolstered by the energy and dynamism of the Outaouais region, UQO has seen an increase in the number of its Undergraduate, Master and Ph.D programs. More and more students choose UQO for the following reasons :
UQO – The #1 choice for students
The UQO offers its students high quality education programs and a rich academic background that provides:
- a university graded human experience at the crossroads of cultures and global trends;
- a step of life that builds the capacity to acquire knowledge with a critical perspective;
- a direct access to teaching resources and teachers amongst the best;
- real opportunities for student engagement and experiences that promote self-transcendence;
- areas of research and expertise for which UQO is recognized as the undisputed leader.
Student population : 7,664 students
Language of study : French
- March 15, 2019 is the deadline for Fall and Winter applications (paper file).
- Application assessments start first week of April.
- In the past, 86% of applications submitted to UQO for the BCI exchange program have been approved.
- The majority of candidates receive a reply before May 15th.
- Registration period : course registration will take place after the Information Session. Your course selection will have to be approved by your UQO Program Director.
- Consult our academic calendar.
Length of studies
In the province of Quebec, the academic year is divided into three terms. Fall term runs from September to mid-December. Winter term runs from January to mid-April. Summer term starts in May and ends in July ; classes are limited during summer and not opened to BCI exchange students.
We strongly advise that students enroll in the yearly program (Fall and Winter terms) to have a chance to get acquainted with North American way of life. In case of a four months academic stay, the student will start enjoying his experience by the time he has to leave. Furthermore, it is easier to find an apartment for the whole academic year than for one term only.
Course selection and particular conditions
Identify the program in which you will be authorized to study
Is it a Project Management program, a Computer program or Psychology program ? Please consult the website of the Université du Québec en Outaouais for more information. All programs are clearly detailed with their objectives, their admission requirements, their curriculum plan and their courses outline.
Some programs have specific admission requirements. Make sure all requirements are met and provide all necessary formalities. Here are some examples :
Bachelor Degree of Graphic Design and Major in Visual Arts and Comic Strip
Résumé and portfolio
Bachelor Degree in Psychology
Have obtained a minimum grade of 12/20 for each course
Master in Project Management
Résumé and 3 years of relevant work experience
N.B. It is possible to choose courses within different study programs as long as they are at the same academic level. For example, all courses chosen will be Undergraduate level or all courses will be Graduate level.
- Programs of study for Graduate and Post-Graduate levels : Graduate Diploma in Specialized Studies (DESS), Master and Ph.D.
IMPORTANT – All students must enclose, with their application, the list and description of all courses they have attended during the present year.
- Identify the level of courses that you will follow
|Graduate||Graduate diploma (DESS)|
Exchange students must register as full-time students.How many courses should you register to ?
- Undergraduate programs : minimum of 12 credits and maximum of 15 credits per term.
One credit equals 15 hours of class ; courses are usually 3 credits. For each 3 credits course, you spend 3 hours a week in class for a period of 15 weeks.
- Graduate and Post-Graduate programs : minimum of 9 credits and maximum of 12 credits per term.
How to choose my courses ?
Course description is available on UQO’s website. Please pay special attention to prerequisites that you must have successfully completed before registering for one course. For example : If you choose FIN1033 – Analyse et planification financière (FIN1023), the course in brackets (FIN1023) or its equivalent must have been successfully completed to be authorized to register for FIN1033.
Please note that some courses of a given program might not be available each term. You should consult the schedule on UQO’s website. The schedule for Fall and Winter term is available in February. We highly recommend that you choose more than the minimum course requirements for a program.
Note that the letter “R” which appears beside certain program codes indicates that the course is reserved for regular students in specific programs.
CAUTION – You should be aware that your initial course selection could be amended. Mostly, this would be due to :
- a schedule conflict (2 courses offered at the same time) ;
- lack of necessary prerequisites ;
- lack of space ;
- Université du Québec en Outaouais has cancelled the course.
Internship activities, supervised courses, research support and work off-campus
The BCI Exchange Program students are not allowed to register for internship activities, research support, or to work off campus.
“Organization of studies” Workshop
All international students must attend a Workshop entitled “Organization of studies”. This Workshop, presented by the BÉÉI’s staff, usually takes place a week before the beginning of the term (August for the Fall term and January for the Winter term). Upon their arrival, international students will be notified of schedule and venue of this Workshop.
UQO scholarships are exclusively for students registered in programs for which UQO awards diplomas. Consequently, BCI Exchange Program students are not admissible for those scholarships.
Admission in the exchange program does not guarantee a place in the residence halls. Students must refer to the website of the résidences étudiantes in order to have more information.