4.1. PREPARING MY APPLICATION
Before you access the application form, please make sure that you have:
- decided on the host institution(s) (up to three) that you want to submit an application to;
- made a note of your permanent code from the Ministère de l’Éducation, de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche (MEESR) as well as your permanent code or student identification number at your home institution;
- identified the code or name of the program you’re currently completing.
Your application must then include the following items:
- a printed copy of your electronic participation request form bearing your signature;
- a copy of your personal civil status form or a copy of any other official identification document;
- a copy of the transcript indicating the university courses you’ve completed and the list of courses you’re currently registered for at your Quebec institution;
- a letter, written in the host institution’s language of instruction, outlining the academic goals you’re looking to achieve by participating in the SEP;
- the list of courses (course number and title) you intend to take. This list must be compiled for each of your selected host institutions;
- written approval of the list of courses you intend to take from the dean, the director of studies or the appropriate body at your home institution. This list must be approved for each of your chosen institutions;
- a personal letter of recommendation from the dean, the director of studies or the appropriate body at your home institution;
- proof of your proficiency in the language of instruction at the host institution (letter from the dean, the director of studies or the appropriate body, your placement test results, etc.) unless the study program you plan to complete centers on the study of this language.
Host institutions may require other documents. For example, many require that their own participation request form also be filled out. The person in charge of the SEP at your home institution will be able to provide any assistance necessary, don’t hesitate to contact him.