Bishop’s University is a predominantly residential, undergraduate university. Our primary concern is offering students a quality education in the fine arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, business and education. The residential aspect of our small size (2,400 full-time students) encourages students to immerse themselves in the complete Bishop’s experience.
2600 rue College
Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1Z7
Bishop’s is located in the bilingual community of Lennoxville, a suburb of the city of Sherbrooke, Quebec, located about 1.5 hours southeast of Montreal. The Eastern Townships region is known for offering a safe and welcoming atmosphere, exceptional outdoor recreational opportunities, and a great quality of life.
Points of interest
Nature & Adventure
Fields of study
- Applied Sciences (other than Engineering)
- Fine Arts
- Pure Sciences
Applicable for the academic year 2020-2021
- April 1, 2020
For the choice of semesters: Fall 2020 ; Fall 2020 & Winter 2021 ; or Winter 2021.
IMPORTANT – Please note that Bishop’s University will only review BCI student applications that indicate Bishop’s as the first choice institution. Please indicate a 2nd choice of Quebec host university. We can only accept a limited number of exchange students, notably in Business which is in very high demand.
Applying to Bishop’s University
Follow the instructions below carefully : Note : Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submit an online application to Bishop’s University selecting “international exchange” option.
- Upload your required documents to your online application before submitting:
- Copy of the BCI application form.
- An official university transcript.
- Copy of passport.
- Letter of recommendation from the International Office or from a faculty member at the university supporting your application to Bishop’s University.
- Students from non-English speaking institutions are required to submit a letter from a faculty member from their university confirming the student has the equivalent required English language proficiency, TOEFL 90, IELTS 6.5, or B2, to study at an English language university. English test scores meeting the admission requirement can be submitted instead of a letter.
Or email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT – Note that admissions decisions for the Fall 2020 or Fall 2021 and Winter 2021 semester are normally made in May. Admissions decisions for the Winter 2021 semester will only be made in October. We notify the students directly.
Programs offered to exchange students
The list of programs that are offered to exchange students can be found here : List of programs offered to exchange students.
Number of applications
A maximum of one BCI application per institution will be considered per year.