Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR)
Rimouski / Lévis
The Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR) offers a learning environment for community, social and sports initiatives.
While focusing on student success, the training programs offered at UQAR are distinguished by their excellence and uniqueness. UQAR offers more than 160 training programs and has established more than 70 cooperation and exchange programs with fifteen countries around the world.
300, allée des Ursulines,
C. P. 3300, succ. A
Rimouski, QC G5L 3A1
A university of research excellence with a diversity of world-class expertise, UQAR is one of the most dynamic research universities in Canada. UQAR's international students come from more than 40 countries.
Points of interest
Maritime & Fluvial City
Nature & Adventure
Fields of study
- Applied Sciences (Engineering)
- Applied Sciences (other than Engineering)
- Pure Sciences
Applicable for the academic year 2022-2023
Deadline for receipt of the application file
- March 31 for an application in the fall term (September) or for the full year and August 31 for an application in the winter term (January).
Note: UQAR will only process the files of students who have indicated UQAR as their first choice.
Applying to UQAR
- The application file can be sent by email.
- The only accepted digital format is PDF. All documents must be legible.
- A file that is illegible, incomplete or does not respect the recommended format will not be processed.
Documents required for your application
- The BCI/ PQEE form;
- The cover letter;
- Copies of all university transcripts (including the current year);
- Copies of all diplomas or certificates of successful completion (pre-university and university);
- The list of courses, they must be approved by your home institution. Please also ensure that the courses chosen will be offered in the relevant terms and that they have been validated in advance by the head of the host institution’s field of study (UQAR);
- The letter of recommendation from a professor of the home university;
- A copy of the birth certificate with the full name of the parents;
- A copy of the passport;
Programs open to exchange
The list of programs that accept exchange students can be found under the link Programmes d’études ouverts aux étudiants en échange above.
Given the limited offer of courses in the summer term, UQAR is only accepting applications in the field of engineering in the 2nd cycle for this quarter. They must be submitted by 1 February.
The capacity is limited in the field of biology in the 1st cycle. The number of places available is 20 places in the fall and 20 places in the winter.
Choice of courses
The courses chosen for each of the terms of the exchange must be at the University’s course offer for the relevant terms. It’s the candidate’s responsibility to ensure the availability of the courses chosen with the person in charge of the field of study at the reception. If one or more courses were not available, the student may have to choose an alternative course course to its arrival.
The final course offer is available on the UQAR website at least two months before the start of a term.
Campus de Rimouski
300, allée des Ursulines, C.P. 3300, succ. A
Rimouski (Québec) Canada
Campus de Lévis
1595, boulevard Alphonse-Desjardins
Lévis (Québec) Canada