Study in Quebec
Interested to live a unique multicultural experience? Whether it is the stark beauty of a winter landscape, the liveliness of all the summer festivals, or the colourful and serene panorama of an autumn scene, it is always a good time to visit Quebec.
Conditions for Participation
Be enrolled in one of the QSEP’s partner institutions
Have completed at least one year of full-time studies in your study program
Have an excellent academic record
Find a study program that matches your current study program
Be fluent in the language of instruction spoken at your host institution
Selecting my host institution
As part of the Quebec Student Exchange Program, your first choice will be honored if possible. Please note, however, that an applicant’s first choice is not guaranteed: its approval will depend on the number of applications received and the number of places available at the institution in question.
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR)Trois-Rivières
Université du Québec en Outaouais (UQO)Gatineau / Saint-Jérôme
Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue (UQAT)Rouyn-Noranda / Val-d'Or / Amos
Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR)Rimouski / Lévis
Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)Montreal
Université de SherbrookeSherbrooke / Longueuil
École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS)Montreal
Finding the person in charge
In order to get your university exchange project and your host institution selection approved, contact the person in charge of the Quebec Student Exchange Program at your university.
Preparing my application
Make sure you have everything you need to submit your application.
Host institutions may require other documents. For example, many require that their own participation request form also be filled out.
The person in charge of the QSEP at your home institution will be able to provide any assistance necessary. Do not hesitate to refer to her or him.
Before filling out your application form, please make sure you have:
- received the access code for the application form;
- determined which host institution(s) (up to 2) you wish to apply to;
- written down your permanent code or student identification number from your home institution;
- written down the code or the name of your current program.
Your application must include the following documentation:
- a signed copy of your application form;
- a copy of your official identification record or other document attesting to your identity;
- a copy of your university transcript for courses you have completed, as well as the list of courses in which you are currently enrolled;
- a letter, in the language of your host institution, outlining the educational objectives you want to achieve by participating in the Quebec Student Exchange Program. This letter should be written in the main language used by the host institution;
- the list of courses (acronym and title) that you plan to follow at each of the host institutions;
- an authorization issued by the Dean, the Chief Academic Officer or an official body of your home institution regarding the list of courses you plan to follow at each host institution;
- a personal letter of recommendation by the Dean, the Chief Academic Officer or an official body of your home institution;
- a certificate of proficiency regarding the main language used by the host institution (e.g. letter from the Dean, the Chief Academic Officer or an official body of your home institution; results from a placement test, etc.), unless the program focuses on the study of this language.
Submitting my participation request form
Once your application file is complete and your form is filled out, submit them as electronic files *to the person in charge of your QSEP at your home institution. He’ll be sure to forward them to the host institution
*Look into the required submission format with the person in charge at your home institution.
**Please note that due to printing problems of online forms with Mozilla Firefox version 57 and up, we invite you to use another browser (Chrome, Edge, etc.).
Warning! An incomplete application file will automatically be rejected.
Before You Go
Your application has been authorized; what comes next? Read the FAQ to know what else you need to do before you are set to go.
Make sure you have all the documentation you require for your studies and your stay.Learn more
You should get health insurance for your trip abroad.Learn more
Life in Quebec
Prepare by learning about the living conditions in Quebec and the services available to you.Learn more